Secure login to the PriPortal
Mail is something very personal and can contain highly confidential information. That’s why we do everything we can to make the online customer portal (PriPortal) as secure as possible, so that your data is safe. Of course, our IT people play a big role in this, but so do you. After all, you’re the one who logs in to access the PriPortal. And in addition to entering a username and password, you will have to go through an extra security step. You can choose from the three methods described below.
By default, this option is checked.
IP whitelisting means that you indicate that the IP address (the Internet connection) from where you log in has been approved by you. The moment you want to log in from another location, you will first have to approve that IP address, or in other words, ‘whitelist’ it.
IP whitelisting works via email. As soon as you want to log in from a new, unapproved Internet connection, you’ll get a notification. The PriPortal will send you an email with a link and by clicking on that link, you approve the IP address. Only then can you log in.
Please note: If you want to log into the portal from your PC or laptop, click the link in the email from that same device. Clicking on the link from your mobile phone connected to 4G is not working! The 4G network is a different internet connection.
The 2nd method for which you can choose is to name a trusted browser. This always goes in conjunction with IP whitelisting and works as follows:
- You will receive an email to whitelist the IP address of where you work
- Click on the link in the mail
- Next, you’ll be on the PriPortal’s login screen and you’ll see the following:
- Click “Trust this browser”
- Please note: you will only receive this notification once and only by clicking on the link in the mail
- From then on, you can log in from the same browser, from the same computer, tablet or phone for 3 months. Even when you’re in a different location. So you don’t have to whitelist the IP address from that other location, because you’ve specified your browser on that device as trusted.
- Please note: enter a browser only as trusted from your own private computer/laptop/phone and not from a public computer.
The 3rd method for which you can choose is the Google authenticator. In this case, you don’t need to approve locations.
Google authenticator offers two-step verification. In other words, an extra step when logging in to confirm that you are who you are. In addition to entering your username and password, you will need to enter a code in a second step. This code is generated by the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone.
Go through the steps below once you’ve installed the app:
- Sign in to the PriPortal
- Go to My Account, and in the left column, click Security
- By default, your security is on IP whitelisting, but click Authenticator
- A QR code appears that you need to scan with the app (in the app on your phone, click +)
- Then enter the code in the portal generated by the app
- The code in the app changes every 30 seconds
You have now set up the two-step verification. From now on, when you log into the PriPortal, you’ll need to fill in the code generated by the app on your phone.